Frequently Asked Questions for Estate Planners and Councils
Please click on the question below to see the answer. In some cases, the answer is provided on this page.
Questions About Accredited Estate Planners® (AEP®)
- How many years of estate planning experience do I need to apply for the Accredited Estate Planner® designation?
- How do I find an estate planner in my area?
- Do I need to hold an underlying designation to be eligible for the AEP® designation?
- Can my professional references work for the same company that I do?
- Where can I get an application for the AEP® designation?
Questions About Estate Planning Law Specialists (EPLS)
- What are the requirements to obtain the EPLS designation?
- Are sample questions for the EPLS exam available?
- How do I find an EPLS in my area?
Questions About Our Local Council Web Site Program
- What is the cost?
- Who maintains the website? Are we responsible?
- Why is it better to host a website with the NAEPC rather than host an independent website?
- I don't know HTML code, will I be able to administer the website?
- Who do I call when I need help?
- Can I cut and paste information from current documents into the site?
- How do I get a domain name for our website so our members do not have to go through www.naepc.org?
- Who received the responses/RSVPs from the people who register online?
- What are the main differences between the various levels of the NAEPC-hosted websites?
- How do you set up a merchant account? Where should we go to set up a merchant account?
Questions About Affiliating Your Council with NAEPC
- How much does council membership cost?
- What are the benefits of joining NAEPC?
- Does membership run on a calendar or fiscal year?
What happens if we join half-way through the year?
Dues will be required again on January 1 of the following calendar year.
When our council joins, does this make all the council members, members of the NAEPC?
By virtue of a council's membership, the member of the local council is entitled to take advantage of the programs and services offered by NAEPC.
By joining the NAEPC, does the local council then fall under the NAEPC's 501(c) 6 status?
No, every council is a separate entity and should establish themselves as such.
- What benefits are our members entitled to take advantage of?
- Does NAEPC have organizational documents that can help formalize a council?
- Does NAEPC have a guide to operations of a council?
- What is Local Council Day at the annual conference, and who should attend?
Questions About the NAEPC Education Foundation
Questions About the NAEPC Annual Conference
- How can I become a sponsor or exhibitor at an upcoming Annual Conference?
- How do I register to attend an Annual Conference?
Questions About the NAEPC Journal of Estate & Tax Planning
Is the NAEPC Journal of Estate & Tax Planning available in print?
No, online only.
How can I contribute to the NAEPC Journal of Estate & Tax Planning?
By contacting the editor or NAEPC staff.