NAEPC 2007 Conference Highlights
44th Annual Conference
November 14 - 16, 2007
The Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel
New Orleans, Louisiana
Co-hosted by the New Orleans Estate Planning Council
November 14, 2007
COUNCIL LEADERSHIP DAY
Estate planning council leaders from across the country joined for this day of information sharing and development. While the morning sessions were dedicated to the NAEPC's Annual Meeting, the remainder of the day was devoted to allowing council leaders to spend time with one another in groups with leaders of like-size organizations. This is continually noted as a very valuable experience. More about Council Leadership Day.
November 15 - 16, 2007
TECHNICAL EDUCATION SESSIONS
The technical education sessions that followed Council Leadership Day are comprised of the BEST national and local talent that you'll find anywhere! Alexandra Armstrong, Harry Beck, Jonathan Blattmachr, Robert Keebler, Regina Matthews, Jerry McCoy, Louis Mezzullo, Jeffrey Pennell, Winton Smith, John Warnick and Dick Weber explored timely topics and offered cutting-edge knowledge during two full days of education. All attendees were also invited to attend the Welcome Reception on Wednesday, November 14th and the conference Social Event at the Presbytere on Thursday, November 15th.
Explore the City
"'Unique' is a word that cannot be qualified. It does not mean rare or uncommon; it means alone in the universe. By the standards of grammar and by the grace of God, New Orleans is the unique American place." Charles Kuralt from Charles Kuralt's America
As a special project this year, we teamed up with New Orleans Habitat for Humanity to host a volunteer experience on Saturday, November 17, 2007. Conference attendees were invited to join the NAEPC for a full day of helping to rebuild New Orleans! (See photos below.)
Continuing Education Credit Information (Watch Here for Updates!)
The NAEPC has filed credit requests as follows:
- APPROVED! Louisiana Insurance - 16 hours of instruction (attendee must stay through the ENTIRE PROGRAM to receive credit. Partial credit is not available.)
- APPROVED! Louisiana Legal - The course was approved for a total of 13.33 hours of credit, including 1.50 hours of ethics.
- APPROVED! CFP® designation holders - 15 total hours of credit have been approved.
- APPROVED! PACE credit - 16.0 hours
- APPROVED! CTFA designation holders - 16 hours of instruction (1.75 hours ethics, 9.0 hours PF&I and 5.25 hours taxation)
- The NAEPC is recommending this program for 15.5 hours of instruction for CPA's with 14 hours in Specialized Knowledge & Applications and 1.5 hours of Ethics
- 2007 Conference Brochure (PDF)
- Conference Presentation Materials for Registered Attendees (password required)
- Video: Meetings are Back in New Orleans
- Video: New Orleans Promo
We would like to thank our sponsors of the 44th Annual Conference: