The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series
The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series was launched in September 2013 to provide estate planners with accessible, high quality, multi-disciplinary education. Programs are available live and on-demand. Live programs typically take place on the second Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm ET.
Individual Webinar Registration Fees
$40 Accredited Estate Planner® designee
$60 Member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC
$250 Council meeting / group gathering (one feed to be shown in a single location to a group, additional feeds can be purchased for $25, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
NEW! Yearly Subscription
The yearly subscription offers a substantial discount to attend all of the programs during the calendar year! After completing the registration you will be emailed a discount code that can be used to register for the programs you wish to attend. (Please allow up to a week for processing.)
$280 Accredited Estate Planner® designee - $360 value
$420 Member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC - $540 value
$700 Non-member - $900 value
$1125 Council meeting / group gathering (one feed to be shown in a single location to a group) - $2250 value
To register for an individual program, please click on the "register here" option associated with the program you wish to attend. To register for the series, click HERE.
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing education credit is available at each webinar for Accredited Estate Planner® designees. In addition, a general certificate of completion will be made available for those professionals who feel the program satisfies their continuing education requirements and are able to self-file. It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine whether their state, discipline, or designation will allow one to self-file for a distance-learning program. Please contact email@example.com prior to attending your first program if you have any questions with regard to this policy.
Have questions? Download the handy webinar FAQ page HERE!
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
David P. Adams, CPA, ABV, ASA
Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Diana S.C. Zeydel, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
This intermediate/advanced session will focus on lifetime planning for a client with diminishing capacity (physical or mental impairment), whether a guardianship can be avoided; if there is family disharmony, how the estate planning documents stand up in the event of a guardianship and what we should add to our estate planning documents even absent a dispute to ensure the ability to deal with all aspects of preserving and enhancing the estate plan when the client is no longer able to act.
Diana S.C. Zeydel is the Global Chair of the Trusts & Estates Department of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. and is a member of the Florida, New York and Alaska Bars. She focuses her practice on estate, business succession and tax planning for high-net-worth individuals and families as well as planning for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens and residents. Diana specializes in sophisticated intra-generational wealth transfer strategies, business succession planning and complex transfer tax controversies. She received her LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law (1993), her J.D. from Yale Law School (1986) and her B.A. from Yale University (1982).
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Lee J. Slavutin, MD, CLU®, AEP® (Distinguished)
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Gideon Rothschild, JD, CPA, AEP® (Distinguished)
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Richard A. Oshins, JD, LL.M., MBA, AEP® (Distinguished)
Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Douglass S. Lodmell, JD, LL.M., Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Lodmell & Lodmell
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Steven J. Oshins, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
Missed a live program? Not to worry! Archives of all programs are available. The fee to participate is the same as the live feed unless otherwise noted. If you registered for and attended a specific program, and would like replay access, please contact NAEPC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain an archive of the following programs, please click HERE.
- DOL Fiduciary: When They're Running You Out of Town - Get at the Head of the Line and Make it Look Like a Parade! - Kim O'Brien, MBA; Richard M. Weber, MBA, CLU®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Powers of Appointment, Turney P. Berry, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Negative Basis Partnership Freeze, Jerome M. Hesch, MBA, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
To obtain an archive of the following programs, please click HERE.
- A Year in Review: An Estate Planners Perspective - Howard M. Zaritsky, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) & John O'Grady
- Business Succession Planning - Louis A. Mezzullo, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Life Insurance as an Asset Class - Richard M. Weber, MBA, CLU®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Grantor Trusts - Third Party and Grantor Debt: What Are the Effects During Life and At and After Death? - Jonathan G. Blattmachr, Esq., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Pulling a Rabbit Out of the GRAT Hat: Some of the Most Creative Structural GRAT Planning Ideas We See Out There - S. Stacy Eastland, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Secondary Planning for Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs) - Evan D. Unzelman, President, Sterling Foundation Management, LLC
- Tax and Estate Planning for Divorce - Carlyn McCaffrey, LL.B., LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Income Tax Deductions for Charitable Bequests of IRD - Christopher R. Hoyt, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Tricky GST Issues - David A. Handler, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Top Ten Estate Planning and Estate Tax Developments of 2016 - Ronald D. Aucutt, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
To obtain an archive of the following programs, please email the national office or phone 866-226-2224, making sure to include the specific webinar you wish to purchase.
- Life Insurance Policy Valuation: At Best an Art, Not a Science Lawrence Brody, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Sophisticated Drafting and Administration Issues for Special Needs Trusts Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Basis Planning John J. Scroggin, JD, LL.M., AEP®
- Decanting an Irrevocable Trust: The Ultimate Do-Over Steven J. Oshins , JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Sophisticated Transfer Planning Strategies for Business Owners Diana S.C. Zeydel, JD, LL.M.
- Your Clients May Not Be Cyborgs But You Still Must Plan for Their Digital Assets Gerry W. Beyer, JD, LL.M., JSD, AEP® (Distinguished) Nominee
- Financed Life Insurance with Exit Strategies Michael W. Halloran, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Subchapter J (Income Tax of Trusts and Estates) - The Forgotten Tax Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD
- Estate and Asset Protection Planning for Retirement Benefits Edwin P. Morrow III, JD, LL.M. (tax), MBA, CFP®, RFC
- 2014 Planning With 99 Year GRATs, 33 Year CLATs, and UPSPATS that are Ready To Go! Turney P. Berry, JD, AEP®
- Avoiding the Twilight Zone of Estate Administration M. Holly Isdale, JD
- Charitable Strategies to Help Create and Protect Legacy Laura Malone, CAP®, CEPA
- Family Investment Partnerships: Structure, Design, Issues & Problems (Beyond the Valuation Discount) Paul S. Lee, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Increasing Client Receptivity from The Right Side of the Table Todd Fithian
- The ATRA-Math: Estate Planning After the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 Thomas J. Pauloski, JD
- Perspectives on the Future of Estate Planning as a Profession Lawrence Brody, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) , Stuart Kessler, CPA/PFS, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) & Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD
- Special Needs Trusts, What Every Estate Planner Needs to Know Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP®
- The Changing Landscape of Planning for Gay and Lesbian Couples: Opportunities (and Risks) Post-DOMA Erica Nadeau, CPA & Scott E. Squillace, Esq.
- The Hybrid Domestic Asset Protection Trust: a Third-Party Trust That Can Turn Into a Self-Settled Trust Steven J. Oshins , JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- How Collaborative Teams Work and Why They Are Essential For High Net Worth Clients Albert E. Gibbons, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- 2014 Heckerling Institute Highlights Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, PFS, MBA, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Cognitive Errors in Group Decision Making Nancy B. Rapoport
- In-home, Private-duty Care is on the Rise: Understanding the Impact of New Legislation and How to Help Clients with Employment Risks & Responsibilities Tom Breedlove / Care.com (No fee to participate)
- Case Studies on In-Home Care: Important Information for Your Clients presented by Care.com Tom Breedlove / Care.com (No fee to participate)
- Financial Reform: Impact on Your Merchant Account sponsored by LawPay® Janelle Benefield / LawPay® (No fee to participate)
Cancellations made prior to 14 days of the webinar will be eligible for a 75% refund. Cancellations within 14 days are not eligible for refund. All cancellations will receive the replay link. Please direct questions about billing or refunds to Webinars@ConferTel.net or 866-930-4500.
See an RSS feed of upcoming webinars.