The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series
The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series was launched in September 2013 to provide estate planners with accessible, high quality, multi-disciplinary education. Programs are available live and on-demand. Live programs typically take place on the second Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm ET.
Individual Webinar Registration Fees
$40 Accredited Estate Planner® designee
$60 Member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC
$250 Council meeting / group gathering (one feed to be shown in a single location to a group, additional feeds can be purchased for $25, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
NEW! 2016 Yearly Subscription
The yearly subscription offers a substantial discount to attend all of the programs during the calendar year! After completing the registration you will be emailed a discount code that can be used to register for the programs you wish to attend. (Please allow up to a week for processing.)
$280 Accredited Estate Planner® designee - $360 value
$420 Member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC - $540 value
$700 Non-member - $900 value
$1125 Council meeting / group gathering (one feed to be shown in a single location to a group) - $2250 value
To register for an individual program, please click on the "register here" option associated with the program you wish to attend. To register for the series, click HERE.
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing education credit is available at each webinar for Accredited Estate Planner® designees. In addition, a general certificate of completion will be made available for those professionals who feel the program satisfies their continuing education requirements and are able to self-file. It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine whether their state, discipline, or designation will allow one to self-file for a distance-learning program. Please contact email@example.com prior to attending your first program if you have any questions with regard to this policy.
Have questions? Download the handy webinar FAQ page HERE!
Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
David A. Handler, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
Please note special date. This intermediate to advanced program will explain some of the more complex rules surrounding allocation and use of the GST exemption and the GST Tax, and how to apply those rules and minimize the tax. Mr. Handler will cover "Everyday" scenarios that will apply to most estate planners.
DAVID A. HANDLER is a partner in the Trusts and Estates Practice Group of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Mr. Handler is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a member of the NAEPC Estate Planning Hall of Fame as an Accredited Estate Planner (Distinguished), and a member of the professional advisory committees of several non-profit organizations, including the Chicago Community Trust, The Art Institute of Chicago, The Goodman Theatre, WTTW11/98.7WFMT (Chicago public broadcasting stations) and the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. He is one of only 16 U.S. lawyers (as of 2015) ranked in “Band 1” by Chambers USA in the Wealth Management category, is listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, (Trusts and Estates) and its 2015 Trusts and Estates “Chicago Lawyer of the Year”, in the Guide to the World’s Leading Trusts and Estates Practitioners, in Who’s Who Legal: Private Client, received the Austin Fleming Distinguished Service Award from the Chicago Estate Planning Council in 2015 and was identified as one of the top 100 lawyers in Illinois in the 2006 list of “Illinois Super Lawyers.” Leading Lawyers Magazine has listed David as one of the “Top Ten Trust, Will & Estate” lawyers in Illinois as well as a “Top 100 Consumer” lawyer in Illinois. David was named a Trusts & Estates Trailblazer by The National Law Journal in 2016. He is an Editorial Advisory Board Member of Trusts & Estates Magazine for which he has written the monthly “tax update” column for more than 10 years.
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Ronald D. Aucutt, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
Missed a live program? Not to worry! Archives of all programs are available. The fee to participate is the same as the live feed unless otherwise noted. If you registered for and attended a specific program, and would like replay access, please contact NAEPC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the complimentary webinar Five Critical Best Practices for Collaboration - S. Mark Alton, Todd Fithian, David Holaday & Melissa Mitchell-Blitch HERE
Originally presented with Trusts & Estates and WealthManagement.com on Tuesday, May 17, 2016
To obtain an archive of the following programs, please click HERE.
- A Year in Review: An Estate Planners Perspective - Howard M. Zaritsky, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) & John O'Grady
- Business Succession Planning - Louis A. Mezzullo, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Life Insurance as an Asset Class - Richard M. Weber, MBA, CLU®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Grantor Trusts - Third Party and Grantor Debt: What Are the Effects During Life and At and After Death? - Jonathan G. Blattmachr, Esq., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Pulling a Rabbit Out of the GRAT Hat: Some of the Most Creative Structural GRAT Planning Ideas We See Out There - S. Stacy Eastland, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Secondary Planning for Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs) - Evan D. Unzelman, President, Sterling Foundation Management, LLC
- Tax and Estate Planning for Divorce - Carlyn McCaffrey, LL.B., LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Income Tax Deductions for Charitable Bequests of IRD - Christopher R. Hoyt, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
To obtain an archive of the following programs, please click HERE.
- Life Insurance Policy Valuation: At Best an Art, Not a Science Lawrence Brody, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Sophisticated Drafting and Administration Issues for Special Needs Trusts Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Basis Planning John J. Scroggin, JD, LL.M., AEP®
- Decanting an Irrevocable Trust: The Ultimate Do-Over Steven J. Oshins , JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Sophisticated Transfer Planning Strategies for Business Owners Diana S.C. Zeydel, JD, LL.M.
- Your Clients May Not Be Cyborgs But You Still Must Plan for Their Digital Assets Gerry W. Beyer, JD, LL.M., JSD, AEP® (Distinguished) Nominee
- Financed Life Insurance with Exit Strategies Michael W. Halloran, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Subchapter J (Income Tax of Trusts and Estates) - The Forgotten Tax Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD
Estate and Asset Protection Planning for Retirement Benefits Edwin P. Morrow III, JD, LL.M. (tax), MBA, CFP®, RFC
To obtain an archive of the following programs, please email the national office or phone 866-226-2224, making sure to include the specific webinar you wish to purchase.
- 2014 Planning With 99 Year GRATs, 33 Year CLATs, and UPSPATS that are Ready To Go! Turney P. Berry, JD, AEP®
- Avoiding the Twilight Zone of Estate Administration M. Holly Isdale, JD
- Charitable Strategies to Help Create and Protect Legacy Laura Malone, CAP®, CEPA
- Family Investment Partnerships: Structure, Design, Issues & Problems (Beyond the Valuation Discount) Paul S. Lee, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Increasing Client Receptivity from The Right Side of the Table Todd Fithian
- The ATRA-Math: Estate Planning After the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 Thomas J. Pauloski, JD
- Perspectives on the Future of Estate Planning as a Profession Lawrence Brody, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) , Stuart Kessler, CPA/PFS, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) & Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD
- Special Needs Trusts, What Every Estate Planner Needs to Know Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP®
- The Changing Landscape of Planning for Gay and Lesbian Couples: Opportunities (and Risks) Post-DOMA Erica Nadeau, CPA & Scott E. Squillace, Esq.
- The Hybrid Domestic Asset Protection Trust: a Third-Party Trust That Can Turn Into a Self-Settled Trust Steven J. Oshins , JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- How Collaborative Teams Work and Why They Are Essential For High Net Worth Clients Albert E. Gibbons, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- 2014 Heckerling Institute Highlights Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, PFS, MBA, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Cognitive Errors in Group Decision Making Nancy B. Rapoport
- In-home, Private-duty Care is on the Rise: Understanding the Impact of New Legislation and How to Help Clients with Employment Risks & Responsibilities Tom Breedlove / Care.com (No fee to participate)
- Case Studies on In-Home Care: Important Information for Your Clients presented by Care.com Tom Breedlove / Care.com (No fee to participate)
- Financial Reform: Impact on Your Merchant Account sponsored by LawPay® Janelle Benefield / LawPay® (No fee to participate)
Cancellations made prior to 14 days of the webinar will be eligible for a 75% refund. Cancellations within 14 days are not eligible for refund. All cancellations will receive the replay link. Please direct questions about billing or refunds to Webinars@ConferTel.net or 866-930-4500.
See an RSS feed of upcoming webinars.