NAEPC 2010 Conference Highlights
47th Annual Conference
November 17 - 19, 2010
San Diego, California
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina
The 47th Annual Conference kicked off on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 with Council Leadership Day. Estate planning council leaders from across the country attend for this day of information sharing and development. While the morning sessions are dedicated to the NAEPC's Annual Meeting, the remainder of the day is devoted to allowing council leaders to spend time with one another in groups with leaders of like-size organizations. This is continually noted as a very valuable experience—don't miss your chance to attend!
Two full days of technical education followed. The thirteen presenters from around the country offered valuable continuing education credit for participants. The presenters were:
- Lawrence Brody, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Samuel A. Donaldson, JD, LL.M.
- Terri L. Getman, JD, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Al W. King, III, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP®
- Carlyn McCaffrey, LL.B., LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Richard W. Nenno, TO, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Richard A. Oshins, JD, LL.M., MBA, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD
- Bruce S. Ross, JD
- Sanford J. Schlesinger, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
- Howard M. Zaritsky, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished)
As always, the conference featured a robust companion and social program! Registered companions attended activities at the Wild Animal Park, Old Town San Diego, Balboa Park and Julian, CA. The social portion of the program offered a welcome reception with the exhibitors and sponsors on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 and a trip to the flight line and Officers Club of Marine Corps Air Station Miramar on Thursday, November 18, 2010.
Finally, the program closed with a rewarding volunteer experience on Saturday, November 20, 2010. Participants assisted the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA by shopping for and preparing 100 Thanksgiving dinner boxes for their annual "Turkey Project". The group also invited the families to pick them up and handled the check in process upon arrival. More information about the project can be found here: http://www.jackierobinson.ymca.org/yblog/executive-decisions/2010/11/25/the-answer-is-yes.html.
Now Available for Purchase
$195 / members ~ $245 /non-members
We Are Grateful for the Support of Our Sponsors