Please plan on joining us from November 18-20, 2015 in Amelia Island, Florida for our signature annual event, the 52nd Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference with pre-conference sessions for Estate Planning Council Leaders.
Two full days of multi-disciplinary technical education
Up to 15 hours of continuing education credit in two days of sessions
Networking with estate planners from around the country
Private educational session just for Accredited Estate Planner® designees
Competitive registration fee with most meals included
Reduced registration fee for estate planning council members
The program offers one day for leaders of estate planning councils (Council Leadership Day, Wednesday, November 18th) and two full days of continuing education for every estate planning discipline (Thursday, November 19th & Friday, November 20th).
The Annual Conference is open to all estate planning professionals.
Download the conference registration brochure HERE.
The 52nd Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference is sponsored by:
Speakers & Topics
Our schedule is still shaping up and this page will be amended as more information is available. The following speakers have agreed to present during the conference educational program:
- Steve R. Akers, JD, AEP® (Distinguished): "Annual Update" & "Exclusive AEP® Session: A Dialogue with Steve Akers"
- Janelle Benefield: "Financial Reform & Its Impact on Your Merchant Account"
- Tom Breedlove: "The Case(s) for Household Employment Compliance: Case Studies Illustrating How to Mitigate Tax & Legal Risk"
- Mickey R. Davis, JD: "All About that Basis: Creative Ways to Obtain Basis at Death"
- Samuel A. Donaldson, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished): "Dealing with Uncle Sam, Everyone’s Least Favorite Relative in the Family Business (Income Tax Planning for Closely-held Businesses)"
- Michael W. Halloran, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished) Nominee: "Due Diligence in Selecting and Understanding Life Insurance Policies"
- Stephan R. Leimberg, JD, AEP® (Distinguished): "Life Insurance - Key Cases and Rulings of 2014-15"
- Richard A. Oshins, JD, LL.M., MBA, AEP® (Distinguished): "Improving (and/or Revisiting) Popular Estate Planning Strategies"
- Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD: Third Party Trusts in Divorce - Is a Beneficiary’s Interest Marital Property?"
- John W. Porter, B.B.A., JD, AEP® (Distinguished): "The 30,000 Foot View from the Trenches: A Potpourri of Transfer Tax Issues on the IRS’s Radar Screen"
- Nancy B. Rapoport, JD: "Nudging More Ethical Behavior through Incentives and Checklists"
- Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, PFS, MBA, JD, AEP® (Distinguished): "Planning Potpourri"
- Diana S.C. Zeydel, JD, LL.M.: "Portability or No: Death of the Credit Shelter Trust"
Download the full conference registration brochure HERE.
Download the conference registration brochure HERE.
Council Leadership Day Package
Includes Council Leadership Day sessions on Wednesday, November 18, 2015, sponsor bonus and technical education sessions on Thursday, November 19, 2015 & Friday, November 20, 2015, presentation material, conference breakfasts & luncheons, and the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception $900
Includes the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception, sponsor bonus and technical education sessions on Thursday, November 19, 2015 & Friday, November 20, 2015, presentation material, and Thursday and Friday breakfasts & luncheons. $850 member* / $1,100 non-member
3-Day Companion Package
Includes Wednesday - Friday breakfasts and companion tours and the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception. $475
2-Day Companion Package
Includes Thursday - Friday breakfasts and companion tours and the Wednesday evening Welcome reception. $450
$50 Early Bird Discount (Registration must be received by September 30, 2015.)
$50 Active Accredited Estate Planner® or Estate Planning Law Specialist designee
$50 Host Council Discount for Members of EPC of Northeast Florida
$100 NAEPC Volunteer Discount (available to non-board members of any committee of NAEPC)
* A member is defined as an active AEP or EPLS designee, At-large member of NAEPC, or a member of an estate planning council affiliated with NAEPC.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing or via email to email@example.com. A full refund will be granted if notice is received on or before 9/30/15. Registrants who cancel between 10/1/15 and 10/31/15 will forfeit a $100 administrative fee. No refunds will be granted on or after 11/1/15.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation, the Headquarters Hotel
The conference will take place at the newly re-imagined Omni Amelia Island Plantation resort. This family-friendly resort is nestled on 1,350 acres at the tip of Amelia Island, North of Jacksonville, Florida. Attendees will enjoy luxurious oceanfront accommodations, championship golf, a full-service spa, and endless dining options while attending the 52nd Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference.
The standard conference room rate is $199 (single/double occupancy plus applicable taxes) and includes complimentary self-parking and in-room internet, among other resort amenities. A limited supply of one-bedroom oceanfront villas are also available for $239/night. To book a standard room, choose "Book Hotel Now" on the online booking link. To book a one-bedroom villa, choose "Book Resort Now" when prompted.
Overnight accommodations can be made by calling (888) 261-6161 and using group code "110515National" or by clicking HERE for the online booking system. Reservations must be made by Friday, October 23, 2015.
Continuing Education Credit
The conference offers up to 15 hours of continuing education credit.
16.5 hours of Accredited Estate Planner® designation credit have been awarded for this program.
Registered participants: Monitor approval status for your home state/discipline HERE.
The following credit will be requested in all states: insurance, legal, accounting, CFP®, CTFA and PACE (including one hour of ethics credit, where applicable) for Thursday, November 19, 2015 and Friday, November 20, 2015. Insurance professionals must attend the entire two days of technical education to receive credit. Partial credit is NOT available. Individual states determine the total number and types of credits awarded. Insurance, legal, and CFP® license numbers are required on-site in order to receive credit.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS
Partial credit for this program is not available. Insurance professionals must attend every session on Thursday, November 19, 2015 and Friday, November 20, 2015 to receive credit.
The Society of Financial Service Professionals is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. This program is recommended for a total of 15 specialized knowledge & applications credit hours. The Annual Conference is an advanced educational program. A CPA who devotes at least 35% of their practice to estate planning meets the prerequisite level of knowledge to attend the program. After attending, participants will be able to identify and implement advanced estate planning techniques that will improve professionalism and personal service to their clients.
Continuing education credit is administered by the Society of FSP.
The Conference Committee prides itself on choosing exciting companion programs for those who accompany Council Leadership Day and Educational Package registrants to the conference! Three thrilling programs are planned for this year...
- Wednesday, November 18, 2015 – White Oak Conservation Center
- Thursday, November 19, 2015 – Lofton Creek Kayaking
- Friday, November 20, 2015 – Art Program, to be determined
A full description of each can be downloaded HERE. Two- and three-day registration packages are available and include the Welcome Reception, breakfasts, and tours.
NAEPC has arranged for special discounts with Hertz for rentals in Florida from November 11 – 27, 2015. To reserve, please call 800-654-2240 or download the special NAEPC flyer HERE. The conference CV code is CV#03WB0014. Driving directions and parking information can be found by clicking HERE.
The Omni Amelia Island Plantation Transportation Department provides direct service to and from Jacksonville International Airport with no additional hotel stops. 72-hour advance reservations are required and can be made by calling (904) 261-6161 or booked online by clicking HERE. Reservations that are requested less than 72 hours in advance cannot be guaranteed. Roundtrip shuttle service is $60 per person each way.
Sponsorship & Exhibitor Opportunities
NAEPC offers a unique and affordable opportunity to connect with attendees at the annual conference. In addition, many of these attendees report back to their affiliated local estate planning council about their experience! Don't miss your opportunity to participate in NAEPC's only national, face-to-face meeting each year - sign up to sponsor or exhibit now!
Questions about sponsoring or exhibiting may be directed to Ed Socorro at ESocorro@NAEPCmarketing.org or 312-600-5303.
Registered Sponsors & Exhibitors: Download Important Forms Here:
Please contact NAEPC for information specific to your level of support.
Save the Date
53rd Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference
November 16-18, 2016
Litchfield Park, Arizona (Phoenix/Scottsdale)
54th Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference
November 15-17, 2017
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Roosevelt New Orleans, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Find Highlights from Prior Annual Conferences Here!
- 2014 Conference Highlights
- 2013 Conference Highlights
- 2012 Conference Highlights
- 2011 Conference Highlights
- 2010 Conference Highlights
- 2009 Conference Highlights
- 2008 Conference Highlights
- 2007 Conference Highlights
- 2006 Conference Highlights
- 2005 Conference Highlights
- 2004 Conference Highlights
- 2003 Conference Highlights
- 2002 Conference Highlights