50th Annual Conference & Celebration
November 20 - 22, 2013
Please plan on joining NAEPC & The NAEPC Education Foundation this November in Las Vegas, Nevada. The hosting property, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, is the newest property on the Las Vegas Strip and the annual conference provides the perfect opportunity for just a little extra time away! Plan now to join the celebration of 50 years of exceptional conferences and educational programming!
BREAKING NEWS! The 50th Annual Conference program has been released, our speakers are:
Thursday, November 21, 2013
- Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD / Current Developments
- Samuel A. Donaldson, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) / A Portable Guide to the Portability Election
- Paul S. Lee, JD, LL.M. / Family Investment Partnerships: Structure, Design, Issues & Problems (Beyond the Valuation Discount)
- Nancy B. Rapoport / Social Science, Human Error & Behavior
- David A. Handler, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) / Structuring Trusts or Trust Design Strategies
- Breakout Session: David A. Handler, JD, AEP® (Distinguished), Stephan R. Leimberg, JD, AEP® (Distinguished), and Richard A. Oshins, JD, LL.M., MBA, AEP® (Distinguished) / How to Get Your Clients to Proceed with Their Planning
- Breakout Session: Christopher R. Hoyt, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) / So You Want to Be a Philanthropist?
- Breakout Session: Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP® / Special Needs Trusts: What Every Estate Planning Professional Needs to Know
- Private Session for Active Accredited Estate Planner® Designees Only: Stephan R. Leimberg, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) / Six Magic Steps to Power Marketing
Friday, November 22, 2013
- David H. Kirk / Section 1411 - The Tax Version of the Twilight Zone
- Carlyn McCaffrey, LL.B., LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) / Formula Clauses
- Steven J. Oshins, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) / Hybrid DAPT
- John W. Porter, B.B.A., JD, AEP® (Distinguished) / Using Defined Value Clauses to Reduce Gift Tax Valuation Entities
- Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP® (Distinguished) / Innovative Income Tax Planning Strategies for Estate Planners
- Breakout Session: Vincent M. D'Addona, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP®, Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP® (Distinguished), and Steven J. Oshins, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) / Choice of Wealth Shifting Strategies
- Breakout Session: Albert E. Gibbons, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP® (Distinguished) Nominee, Michael W. Halloran, CLU®, ChFC®, AEP®, CFP®, REBC, RHU, LUTCF, MSFS, MSM, and Robert C. Slane, CLU®, AEP® / Let's Get Ready to Rumble: Fundamentals of Life Insurance
- Breakout Session: Jeremiah W. Doyle IV, JD, LL.M. (taxation), LL.M. (banking law), AEP® (Distinguished) / Estate Planning for Divorces
NAEPC offers a unique and affordable opportunity to connect with an estimated 400 attendees at the annual conference. In addition, many of these attendees report back to their affiliated local estate planning council about their experience! Don't miss your opportunity to participate in NAEPC's only national, face-to-face meeting each year - sign up to sponsor or exhibit now!
Questions about sponsoring or exhibiting may be directed to Ed Socorro at ESocorro@NAEPCmarketing.org or 312-600-5303.
A special block of rooms has been reserved for 50th Annual Conference attendees at the hosting property, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. The NAEPC room rate is $179 (single/double occupancy, exclusive of applicable state and local taxes) and includes in-room internet service at no additional charge. Additional room options are available.
Reservations must be made by Friday, October 25, 2013 to guarantee the group rate. To reserve online, click HERE. Reservations may also be made by telephone by calling 855-435-0005 and referencing group code "SNAEP3".
The Annual Conference Committee prides itself on choosing exciting companion programs for those that accompany Council Leadership Day and Educational Package registrants to the conference! Three thrilling programs are planned for this year...
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Food Tour & Cooking Class
- Thursday, November 21, 2013 - Day Trip to Hoover Dam and Boulder City, NV
- Friday, November 22, 2013 - Historic Las Vegas, including the Freemont St. Zip Line Adventure
The registration brochure will provide a full description of each program. Two- and three-day registration packages are available and include the Welcome Reception, breakfasts, and tours.
Continuing Education Credit
The 50th Annual Conference offers up to 15 hours of continuing education credit. Individual states determine the total number of credits awarded.
- The following credit will been requested in all states: insurance, legal, accounting, CFP, CTFA, and PACE for Thursday, November 21, 2013 and Friday, November 22, 2013.
- The 50th Annual Conference is approved for 16.5 hours of Accredited Estate Planner designation credit.
*Continuing education credit for the 50th Annual Conference is administered by the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
Rental Car Discounts
NAEPC has arranged for special discounts with Hertz for rentals in Las Vegas from November 13 - 29, 2013. To reserve, please call 800-654-2240 or download the special NAEPC flyer HERE. The conference CV code is 03WB0010. You may also click on the Hertz logo to be redirected to a special page for online reservations.