51st Annual Conference
November 5 - 7, 2014
"THE MULTI-DISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO ESTATE PLANNING"
The 51st Annual Conference is sponsored by:
New On This Page
Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP® (Distinguished) ∙ 15 Best Planning Ideas for 2014 and Beyond
- Todd A. Fithian ∙ The True Frontier of Estate Planning: Effective Collaboration
- Bernard A. Krooks, JD, CPA, LL.M., CELA, AEP® (Distinguished) Nominee ∙ Planning for an Aging Population: Your Clients, Your Parents, and Someday You!
- Repeated Breakout Sessions
- Susan T. Bart, JD ∙ Decanting: Refining a Vintage Trust
- Elizabeth L. Morgan, JD ∙ Life Insurance, Annuities, and Captive Insurance as Tools for Domestic and International Estate & Tax Planning
- Thomas Rogerson ∙ Family Communication, Values, Mission, Philanthropy - How Do You Help a Client Get Started?
- Samuel A. Donaldson, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) ∙ Hot Income Tax Tips for Estate Planners
Friday, November 7, 2014
- Jeffrey N. Pennell, JD ∙ Annual Update
- Lee J. Slavutin, MD, CLU®, AEP® (Distinguished) Nominee ∙ Tax Traps Involving Life Insurance
- Jerome M. Hesch, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) ∙ Reality of Sale: Dealing with the 10% Myth for Seeding Installment Note Sales to IDGTs and BDITs
- Jonathan G. Blattmachr, Esq., AEP® (Distinguished) ∙ Supercharged Shelter Credit Trust vs. Portability: It's Not that Complicated to Choose the Best
- S. Stacy Eastland, JD, AEP® (Distinguished) ∙ Some of the Best Charitable Planning and Estate Planning Ideas We See Out There in the New 2014 Tax Environment©
- Stanley M. Johanson, JD, LL.M., AEP® (Distinguished) ∙ Recent Developments Affecting the Estate Planning Practice
Council Leadership Day Package
Includes Council Leadership Day sessions on Wednesday, November 5, 2014, sponsor bonus and technical education sessions on Thursday, November 6, 2014 & Friday, November 7, 2014, presentation material, conference breakfasts & luncheons, and the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception $900
Includes the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception, sponsor bonus and technical education sessions on Thursday, November 6, 2014 & Friday, November 7, 2014, presentation material, and Thursday and Friday breakfasts & luncheons. $800 member* / $950 non-member
3-Day Companion Package
Includes Wednesday - Friday breakfasts and companion tours and the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception. $475
2-Day Companion Package
Includes Thursday - Friday breakfasts and companion tours and the Wednesday evening Welcome reception. $425
$50 Early Bird Discount (registration must be received by September 12, 2014)
$50 Active Accredited Estate Planner® designee
$50 Host Council Discount for Members of San Antonio Estate Planners Council
$100 NAEPC Volunteer Discount (available to non-board members of any committee of NAEPC)
Want to see what you missed at the 50th Annual Conference? Watch our recap video!
*A member is defined as an active Accredited Estate Planner® designee or a member of an affiliated local council.
NAEPC offers a unique and affordable opportunity to connect with an estimated 500 attendees at the annual conference. In addition, many of these attendees report back to their affiliated local estate planning council about their experience! Don't miss your opportunity to participate in NAEPC's only national, face-to-face meeting each year - sign up to sponsor or exhibit now!
Questions about sponsoring or exhibiting may be directed to Ed Socorro at ESocorro@NAEPCmarketing.org or 312-600-5303.
Marriott Rivercenter Reservations - Now Open!
A special block of rooms has been reserved just for attendees at the Marriott Rivercenter, the location of the conference. The NAEPC room rate is $199 (single/double occupancy, exclusive of taxes) and includes wired and wireless in-room internet service. Reservations must be made by Friday, October 17, 2014 to guarantee the group rate. Please click HERE to be redirected to the reservations page or call 800-648-4462 to reserve your accommodations. When calling, please let the reservationist know you are with NAEPC.
Continuing Education Credit
The 51st Annual Conference will offer up to 15 hours of continuing education credit. Individual states determine the total number of credits awarded.
- The following credit will be requested in all states: insurance, legal, accounting, CFP, CTFA, and PACE for Thursday, November 6, 2014 and Friday, November 7, 2014.
- The 51st Annual Conference will also be approved for 16.5 hours of Accredited Estate Planner designation credit.
! IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS !
Partial credit for this program is not available. Insurance professionals must attend every session on Thursday, November 6, 2014 and Friday, November 7, 2014 to receive credit.
*Continuing education credit for the 51st Annual Conference is administered by the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
The Annual Conference Committee prides itself on choosing exciting companion programs for those that accompany Council Leadership Day and Educational Package registrants to the conference! Three thrilling programs are planned for this year...
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014 - A Taste of Tuscany at Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 - Fly Fishing on the Guadalupe
- Friday, November 7, 2014 - Caves and Gems Tour at Natural Bridge Caverns
The registration brochure will provide a full description of each program. Two- and three-day registration packages are available and include the Welcome Reception, breakfasts, and tours.
NAEPC has arranged for special discounts with Hertz for rentals in San Antonio from October 30 - November 14, 2014. To reserve, please call 800-654-2240 or download the special NAEPC flyer HERE. The conference CV code is 03WB0012.
Watch our YouTube video to learn more about the 51st Annual Conference!
Watch the video below to learn more about San Antonio, our stunning host city.
Video courtesy of the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
Save the Date
Find Highlights from Prior Annual Conferences Here!
- 2013 Conference Highlights
- 2012 Conference Highlights
- 2011 Conference Highlights
- 2010 Conference Highlights
- 2009 Conference Highlights
- 2008 Conference Highlights
- 2007 Conference Highlights
- 2006 Conference Highlights
- 2005 Conference Highlights
- 2004 Conference Highlights
- 2003 Conference Highlights
- 2002 Conference Highlights