Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference
The Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference has truly become the "go-to" event for estate planners from across the country and is available to every single member of every estate planning council, as well as non-members. An exciting line-up of nationally-recognized speakers coupled with fabulous locations and competitive registration fees make this signature annual event one that is not to be missed.
To learn more about the conference, please visit our website.
High-Performance Teaming and Professional Collaboration, the LINK Online Course in Collaboration
A LINK is defined as a “connecting element or factor”. In the estate planning community, a connected group of advisors is a proven best practice with regard to client service. The LINK Online Course in Collaboration was developed specifically for NAEPC members with industry leaders Todd Fithian and David W. Holaday, using the NAEPC Model for Collaboration as its foundation. Todd and Dave also serve as instructors for the program.
Enroll today to:
- Become known as a connector, someone who balances communication, coordination, and cooperation and turns those elements into a true collaborative experience that benefits the client and team of advisors
- Discover the NAEPC Model for Collaboration
- Overcome objections to the teaming model
- Become well-versed in the “5 Best Practices”
- Inspire optimal behaviors among team members
LINK is a self-paced, 9-module course that students complete at their leisure. Segments are short and concise; the program is easy to follow, and completion is on your schedule. Accredited Estate Planner® designees who successfully complete the LINK program earn 4 hours of AEP® designation continuing education credit.
The substantially-reduced enrollment fee is $100 for Accredited Estate Planner® designees* and $169 for members of NAEPC and its affiliated local councils. > Enroll online
About the Instructors
Todd Fithian is a recognized leader and an industry advocate. In 2007 he co-authored the well-known book The Right Side of the Table: Where Do You Sit in the Minds of the Affluent. Fithian is nationally recognized for his contributions to the profession and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
David W. Holaday has over 25 years of experience as a financial consultant, and is the founder and managing member of a firm that offers case design, analysis, and presentation services to organizations and individuals that serve high new worth clients. He has a national reputation for developing unique and comprehensive solutions for complex family situations and often collaborates with the client’s existing advisers.
*AEP designees should log into the designee portal or contact NAEPC to obtain the discount code.
Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series
The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series was introduced in 2013 and provides monthly online programs for viewing live or on-demand (at your leisure). The special programs are available to affiliated local estate planning councils, Accredited Estate Planner® designees, members of affiliated local estate planning councils, and non-members for individual viewing or group gatherings.
Program content complements the core value of NAEPC, the multi-disciplinary concept of estate planning.
Continuing education credit will be available at each webinar for Accredited Estate Planner® designees. In addition, a certificate of completion will be made available for those professionals that feel the program satisfies their continuing education requirements and are able to self-file. Councils may also file the program in their home state for programs offered in a group setting.
- $40 / Accredited Estate Planner® designee (dues must be current at the time of registration)
- $60 / member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC
- $100 / individual non-member
- $250 / council meeting or group gathering (council dues must be current at the time of registration)
Please visit our website for more information, including the availabilitly of series subscriptions.
ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk
The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, ACTEC, is a professional society of peer-elected trust and estate lawyers in the United States and around the globe. ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk is a free weekly podcast series that offers wealth professionals best practice advice, insights, and commentary on subjects that affect the profession and clients.
Past topics have included What Should Attorneys have in their Engagement Letters, State Law Pitfalls, Powers of Appointment, Security of Clients’ Information, and 9100 Relief. You may listen and subscribe to the series through many popular podcast players:
NAEPC is grateful to The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel for offering this valuable benefit to our members.
AICPA ENGAGE 2019 - June 9–13, Las Vegas or Attend Online
AICPA ENGAGE is the way forward. It’s about driving your future, choosing your ideal path and inspiring each other along the way. Now is the time to push forward — faster, higher.
Seek new peaks with 3,900+ accounting and financial professionals during 4 days of unparallel learning. Earn up to 41.5 CPE.
- Fresh ideas to strengthen your core practice
- Candid conversations about the disruption you’re experiencing now and how to prepare for even more
- Technical number-crunching sessions, because sometimes, there’s no better way to solve a problem.
Attend sessions from:
- Advanced Estate Planning Conference
- Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference
- Advanced Accounting and Auditing Conference
- EDGE Career Development Conference
- Practitioners and TECH+ Conference
- Tax Strategies for the High-Income Conference
- Association for Accounting Marketing Summit
- CPAFMA National Practice Management Conference
NAEPC membership extends a colleague discount: Save $100 with code at checkout: ENG19NAEPC
For more information or to register: Click HERE
*Offer expires 6/13/2019 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. Restrictions apply. Discounts can be applied to Super Early Bird (expires 1/31/19), Early Bird Discount (Expires 5/1/19), Members discounts (AICPA, AAM, CPAFMA) and Section Member Discounts. Cannot be combined with other offers or applied to prior purchases/registrations. Conference discounts cannot be applied toward guest passes, special events, or group registrations. Must use code at checkout.
Heart2Hearts: Workbook and Deck of Cards
The Heart2Hearts™ Deck of Cards and Workbook are the perfect client gift! Read more below or visit the private link for additional details.
About the Heart2Hearts™ Deck of Cards
"How do I start a conversation about my end-of-life healthcare wishes?" "This is really uncomfortable." "What should I say?" These questions were asked over and over again by clients. As a result, the Heart2Hearts™ deck of cards was created as a tool to help your clients with 52 conversation starters. This tool will make for better estate planning with your clients. These cards can also generate estate planning business for your law firm. To learn how, call 440-591-8091.
About the Heart2Hearts™ Workbook...
Illness, death and dying are not topics that we like to broach. How do we even begin to answer the difficult questions about healthcare choices? Heart2Hearts™: The Workbook helps your clients make the most important conversation of their life easier. By completing this innovative workbook, they will have a source document that provides peace of mind. This will help the family know the wishes and follow them when the time comes.
In this workbook your clients will discover how easy it is to:
- Overcome fears
- Discover feelings regarding their loved ones
- Improve communication
- Share where important financial and legal documents are kept
- Determine what is important to their quality of life
- Ensure that their wishes will be followed
NAEPC members are eligible for a 10% discount on the deck of cards, workbook or bundle of both. They can be customized with your law firm’s logo and contact information in purchases of 500 decks and up as it is a great marketing tool.
Online Learning Opportunities Offered by
The Legacy Companies, LLC
IGNITE Online Learning Program
The fundamental success requirement of any advice-giver is your ability to generate powerful relationships in a short amount of time when you first connect with new opportunities. If that’s not daunting enough, you have to do it in a business climate of skepticism, restrictive compliance, and high competition. That’s why Legacy created the IGNITE program.
- A 4 Decision System™ that will steer the progression of your relationship with current and potential clients
- A battle-proven way to confidently answer the question, “What do you do?”
- An Approach Talk™ that will pull you out of the commodity trap, and result in a clear engagement decision by your potential client
- Clear language that will show your potential client, why they should become a client for life
- An Engagement Agreement that will accelerate the opportunity forward
- Legacy has helped accountants, attorneys, philanthropic advisors, financial advisors and many other advice-givers create powerful, lasting relationships for over 20 years.
LAUNCH Online Learning Program
LAUNCH is designed with a single purpose: install a new process for engaging with future and current clients so that you can have the business, the clients and the kinds of engagements you want.
You will complete LAUNCH with:
- A proven, 4 Decision System™ for engaging with future and current clients in a powerful, efficient and systematic way
- A new way to introduce yourself to potential clients, and to teach others to introduce you so that you get more referrals, and that they are the kinds of clients you want
- An advanced Approach Talk™ designed to make securing new business more engaging, more fun, and get you quickly aligned with your prospects' greatest priorities
- A new perspective on how Trust works and how you can help nurture it
- A system for creating Goal Clarity to permanently address one of the invisible points-of-failure in client engagement
- Our GISOR™ Model for ensuring clients commit to their goals before you solve them
- A method to articulate Goal Achievement, how you’ll help your client achieve their goals and have the compelling future they want
- A web-based application to capture what you gather in your expanded Discovery, prepare compelling reports for your clients, and help your team keep cases on track
ECHO Online Learning Program
When families make decisions based on your recommendations, the results will echo long into the future. Their decisions become part of your legacy and theirs. Someone will serve your client for generations; we think it should be you. But one of the greatest risks to the advice-giving business model is a lack of generational reach.
- A powerful new way to capture your clients’ ideal future for themselves, their wealth, and their family
- The ability to discover and document shared family values, across generations
- The method to create a meaningful family financial philosophy (mission statement)
- The ability to actually engage the next generation and create relationships that will stick
- The ability to capture the family story (the story that holds them all together) through a turnkey biographical interview process
- The process for confidently hosting family meetings, including agenda’s and exercises
- The knowledge of Why, When and How to introduce a family wealth counselor
- The ability to create one-of-a-kind client documents using our web-based application
LINK will put the power of our 5 Best Practices of Collaboration in your hands, at your fingertips, so that you stay in the driver’s seat, lead, and win the day for your client.
The Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors
The Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors® (CPDR), now in its 5th edition was created by Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd., in collaboration with estate planning attorneys and wealth advisors. The Desk Reference is a practical resource designed to help legal and financial professionals more effectively engage their clients in conversations about their philanthropic intent, options and opportunities. The 5th Edition includes new chapters and an expanded resource section. It is the first such comprehensive tool developed specifically for the advisor community to support their integration of philanthropy as a value added and revenue opportunity in their practice.
Some of the topics in The Desk Reference cover:
- Initiating the charitable conversation;
- Using non-cash assets to fund charitable giving;
- Benefits of Charitable Remainder and Charitable Lead Trusts
- Engaging the next generation;
- Fundamentals of International Giving
- A comparative chart illustrating the benefits and limitations of vehicle choice and a resource guide for advisors, and;
NAEPC members are eligible for a 10% discount on the digital version of the Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors® by entering discount code NAEPC10 at checkout.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. was formed by nationally renowned estate planning attorney, Philip J. Kavesh, back in 2004.
What initially started as a training for fellow estate planning attorneys and financial advisors has since expanded into a company that provides estate planning professionals of all kinds - - attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors and life insurance agents - - practical, tested and proven technical, practice-building and marketing products. Its products and services are practical and can be quickly and easily implemented into estate planning practices of all levels of experience and expertise.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. offers a variety of resources to estate planning professionals, including but not limited to:
- Practical Educational Teleconferences and On-Demand Programs from Some of the Nation’s Leading Experts
- Unique & Breakthrough Legal Document Forms
- Tested & Proven Seminar Marketing Packages
- Practice-Building Packages to Help Your Firm Run Efficiently
- Books, CDs, DVDs and Calculators
- FREE! Publications, Podcasts, Charts & Reports
- Information on Upcoming Events in the Industry
- Personal Coaching & Consulting
- In-Depth Practice Development Training for Estate Planning Attorneys
- And much, much more!
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. has extended NAEPC members a special 15% discount on its products and services, which can be obtained by logging in to this website.
For more information, log into the Members Only section.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting – CCH Publications
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting offers innovative, integrated and customer-focused solutions that support the workflow of CPAs, corporate tax and accounting departments, and auditors — enabling growth, enhancing productivity and increasing profitability. Expert analysis, authoritative content, high-quality software applications and integrated workflow productivity tools allow professionals to turn information into action.
Through an Association Alliance Program, Wolters Kluwer offers a generous 35% discount on valuable and industry leading research publications. This relationship gives you the necessary tools to expand your professional development, enhance your knowledge and increase your expertise on tax, accounting, financial and estate planning, audit topics and more.
With leading titles in taxation, accounting, estate planning and more, the 100+ CCH Publications offer expert information to help NAEPC members stay on top of industry and market-leading developments. Publications are available in both print and eBook formats.