NAEPC Annual Conference Council Leadership Day Information
Each year, in conjunction with the Annual Conference, the NAEPC provides one full day of education and leadership sessions for the board, officers, and staff of our affiliated local councils - Council Leadership Day. The morning is dedicated to the NAEPC Annual Meeting, while afternoon sessions are committed to leadership development. Council executives (paid staff) also have a special dinner on Wednesday evening and a private half-day development session on Thursday morning.
The attendee can expect to interact with fellow volunteer leaders, attend breakout sessions designed for idea sharing & growth and learn about ongoing NAEPC programs and services available to the council and their membership. The majority of this day is dedicated to open roundtable discussions with leaders of councils of like size. The sessions are facilitated by volunteers that are also board members from their home council.
Still not sure about sending a representative? Please check out our handy resource, "Why Should Our Council Send a Representative to Council Leadership Day?"
Information from the Council Leadership Day sessions held on November 16, 2016 during the 53rd Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference are available below.
What You Missed in 2016
- PowerPoint Presentation
- 2016 Committee Chair Report Packet - read to learn about all of the happenings at NAEPC during 2016 and plans for 2017!
- Council by Size Talking Points - this document is used to guide the conversation during the breakout sessions
- Extra-Small & Small Session #1 Notes
- Extra-Small & Small Session #2 Notes
- Medium Council Session #1 Notes
- Medium Council Session #2 Notes
- Large Council Session Notes
- Extra-Large Council Session Notes
Materials for 2017
- 2017 Committee Chair Report Packet - read to learn about all of the happenings at NAEPC during the year.
- Council Leadership Day Breakout Session by Size and Region Talking Points
2016 Year-End Council Survey Results Are In!
At the conclusion of 2016 all councils were asked to participate in a survey intended to gather details on speakers, programming, best practices and accomplishments from the year. Results are available by clicking HERE.
Regional Leadership Day Notes & Reference Documents
Download the notes and resources from the April 2016 Regional Leadership Day Conferences here!
- Wilmington, DE Notes
- Columbus, OH Notes
- Orlando, FL Notes
- Sample Membership Brochure
- Sample Post-Meeting Survey
- Sample Tax Update