Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference
The Annual NAEPC Advanced Estate Planning Strategies Conference has truly become the "go-to" event for estate planners from across the country and is available to every single member of every estate planning council, as well as non-members. An exciting line-up of nationally-recognized speakers coupled with fabulous locations and competitive registration fees make this signature annual event one that is not to be missed.
To learn more about the conference, please visit our website.
High-Performance Teaming and Professional Collaboration, the LINK Online Course in Collaboration
A LINK is defined as a “connecting element or factor”. In the estate planning community, a connected group of advisors is a proven best practice with regard to client service. The LINK Online Course in Collaboration was developed specifically for NAEPC members with industry leaders Todd Fithian and David W. Holaday, using the NAEPC Model for Collaboration as its foundation. Todd and Dave also serve as instructors for the program.
Enroll today to:
- Become known as a connector, someone who balances communication, coordination, and cooperation and turns those elements into a true collaborative experience that benefits the client and team of advisors
- Discover the NAEPC Model for Collaboration
- Overcome objections to the teaming model
- Become well-versed in the “5 Best Practices”
- Inspire optimal behaviors among team members
LINK is a self-paced, 9-module course that students complete at their leisure. Segments are short and concise; the program is easy to follow, and completion is on your schedule. Accredited Estate Planner® designees who successfully complete the LINK program earn 4 hours of AEP® designation continuing education credit.
The substantially-reduced enrollment fee is $100 for Accredited Estate Planner® designees* and $169 for members of NAEPC and its affiliated local councils. > Enroll online
About the Instructors
Todd Fithian is a recognized leader and an industry advocate. In 2007 he co-authored the well-known book The Right Side of the Table: Where Do You Sit in the Minds of the Affluent. Fithian is nationally recognized for his contributions to the profession and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
David W. Holaday has over 25 years of experience as a financial consultant, and is the founder and managing member of a firm that offers case design, analysis, and presentation services to organizations and individuals that serve high new worth clients. He has a national reputation for developing unique and comprehensive solutions for complex family situations and often collaborates with the client’s existing advisers.
*AEP designees should log into the designee portal or contact NAEPC to obtain the discount code.
Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series
The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series was introduced in 2013 and provides monthly online programs for viewing live or on-demand (at your leisure). The special programs are available to affiliated local estate planning councils, Accredited Estate Planner® designees, members of affiliated local estate planning councils, and non-members for individual viewing or group gatherings.
Program content complements the core value of NAEPC, the multi-disciplinary concept of estate planning.
Continuing education credit will be available at each webinar for Accredited Estate Planner® designees. In addition, a certificate of completion will be made available for those professionals that feel the program satisfies their continuing education requirements and are able to self-file. Councils may also file the program in their home state for programs offered in a group setting.
- $40 / Accredited Estate Planner® designee (dues must be current at the time of registration)
- $60 / member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC
- $100 / individual non-member
- $250 / council meeting or group gathering (council dues must be current at the time of registration)
Please visit our website for more information, including the availabilitly of series subscriptions.
46th Annual Notre Dame Tax & Estate Planning Institute
The 46th Annual Notre Dame Tax & Estate Planning Institute will take place (albeit in modified, virtual form) on its originally scheduled dates, October 29 and 30, 2020. We have lined up an impressive panel of speakers who will, as always, address a broad range of topics (including current developments arising from the ongoing COVID-19 situation) that will be of use to you and your clients.
Given the uncertainty as to how COVID-19 will impact gatherings and travel in October, we will not be meeting in-person in South Bend this year. Instead, we plan to deliver the Institute to you in a virtual format with live, online presentations (including our popular dual-track approach) throughout the day on Thursday, October 29, and Friday, October 30. This virtual format will allow you to participate online in real time with the speakers, including opportunities for Q&A, and will be structured to qualify for continuing education credit to the extent allowed by the respective accrediting agencies. As an added bonus, we plan to record videos of all the sessions and your registration fee will include online access to these recordings for later viewing at your convenience.
While we will miss seeing you in person this year and facilitating the camaraderie that is associated with the Institute, we are pleased to be able to provide you with the information and knowledge that so many of you have come to rely on. We also hope that this virtual format will enable many estate planning professionals, who might not otherwise have had the chance to attend the Institute in person, to engage with and benefit from the Institute this year.
For details regarding the speakers and topics, please download a copy of the Institute's brochure.
For more information, please visit the conference website.
ACTEC Family Estate Planning Guide
Fellows of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, ACTEC, share their expertise to explain the basics of wills, estate planning, and guardianship to families in short video presentations. NAEPC professionals are encouraged to share the ACTEC Family Estate Planning Guide videos with clients. New videos are released monthly. Topics include IRAs and IRA Beneficiaries, What is Probate?, What is Joint Tenancy and When Should I Use It? and more. To learn how to embed these videos on your website visit actec.org/share.
ACTEC Family Estate Planning Guide is made possible through support of the ACTEC Foundation. NAEPC is grateful to The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel for offering this valuable benefit to our members.
ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk
The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, ACTEC, is a professional society of peer-elected trust and estate lawyers in the United States and around the globe. ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk is a free weekly podcast series that offers wealth professionals best practice advice, insights, and commentary on subjects that affect the profession and clients.
Past topics have included What Should Attorneys have in their Engagement Letters, Horton v. Jones Case on Electronic Wills, Qualified Opportunity Funds and Opportunity Zones, The Future is Here: Dealing with Bitcoins and Cryptocurrencies in Tax and Estate Planning, and Security of Clients’ Information. You may listen and subscribe to the series through many popular podcast players:
ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk is made possible through support of the ACTEC Foundation. NAEPC is grateful to The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel for offering this valuable benefit to our members.
Heart2Hearts: Workbook and Deck of Cards
The Heart2Hearts™ Deck of Cards and Workbook are the perfect client gift! Read more below or visit the private link for additional details.
About the Heart2Hearts™ Deck of Cards
"How do I start a conversation about my end-of-life healthcare wishes?" "This is really uncomfortable." "What should I say?" These questions were asked over and over again by clients. As a result, the Heart2Hearts™ deck of cards was created as a tool to help your clients with 52 conversation starters. This tool will make for better estate planning with your clients. These cards can also generate estate planning business for your law firm. To learn how, call 440-591-8091.
About the Heart2Hearts™ Workbook...
Illness, death and dying are not topics that we like to broach. How do we even begin to answer the difficult questions about healthcare choices? Heart2Hearts™: The Workbook helps your clients make the most important conversation of their life easier. By completing this innovative workbook, they will have a source document that provides peace of mind. This will help the family know the wishes and follow them when the time comes.
In this workbook your clients will discover how easy it is to:
- Overcome fears
- Discover feelings regarding their loved ones
- Improve communication
- Share where important financial and legal documents are kept
- Determine what is important to their quality of life
- Ensure that their wishes will be followed
NAEPC members are eligible for a 10% discount on the deck of cards, workbook or bundle of both. They can be customized with your law firm’s logo and contact information in purchases of 500 decks and up as it is a great marketing tool.
Journal of Financial Service Professionals, the Official Publication of the Society of FSP
The Journal of Financial Service Professionals, the official publication of the Society of FSP and considered by many the most valuable benefit of membership in FSP, is now available to members of NAEPC at a special discounted price.
Each issue of the Journal delivers impactful information and results-oriented content you can apply in your practice immediately, including a column dedicated exclusively to estate planning topics. Contributors to the Journal are thought leaders and experts from the entire spectrum of financial services, reflecting the nature of your practice—which requires a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to deliver the highest level of client service possible. Enjoy the Journal’s superior content in your choice of format; your subscription includes the print edition, online version, and digital edition which is designed to be read from your smartphone or tablet.
Subscribers to the Journal receive tremendous value: six issues per year, a study/discussion guide for each one, free access to programs based on Journal content, and access to archived issues going back to 2007. As a NAEPC member you get all those benefits at a 20% discount—just $104/year.
Take advantage of this opportunity to put cutting-edge knowledge to work for your clients now. You can subscribe here, or call 800-392-6900 (M-F, 8:30am-4:00pm ET) and tell FSP you’re a member of NAEPC who wants to subscribe to the Journal.
Lorman Education has been educating professionals for over 32 years and understands the need for concise, accurate and timely information on regulations, laws, and business changes.
NAEPC members are eligible for a $449 discount on the All-Access Pass for CLE training and/or a 30% discount on individual live or on-demand webinars.
The All-Access Pass is a 12 month online training membership. With it, subscribers will get unlimited access to all of Lorman’s training products including videos, slide decks, written materials, and live and on-demand webinars.
To order an All-Access Pass, visit http://www.lorman.com/pass. Other training options can be purchased at http://www.lorman.com/training. Please use Priority Code 19189 and Discount Code T1275547 when ordering.
Online Learning Opportunities Offered by
The Legacy Companies, LLC
IGNITE Online Learning Program
The fundamental success requirement of any advice-giver is your ability to generate powerful relationships in a short amount of time when you first connect with new opportunities. If that’s not daunting enough, you have to do it in a business climate of skepticism, restrictive compliance, and high competition. That’s why Legacy created the IGNITE program.
- A 4 Decision System™ that will steer the progression of your relationship with current and potential clients
- A battle-proven way to confidently answer the question, “What do you do?”
- An Approach Talk™ that will pull you out of the commodity trap, and result in a clear engagement decision by your potential client
- Clear language that will show your potential client, why they should become a client for life
- An Engagement Agreement that will accelerate the opportunity forward
- Legacy has helped accountants, attorneys, philanthropic advisors, financial advisors and many other advice-givers create powerful, lasting relationships for over 20 years.
LAUNCH Online Learning Program
LAUNCH is designed with a single purpose: install a new process for engaging with future and current clients so that you can have the business, the clients and the kinds of engagements you want.
You will complete LAUNCH with:
- A proven, 4 Decision System™ for engaging with future and current clients in a powerful, efficient and systematic way
- A new way to introduce yourself to potential clients, and to teach others to introduce you so that you get more referrals, and that they are the kinds of clients you want
- An advanced Approach Talk™ designed to make securing new business more engaging, more fun, and get you quickly aligned with your prospects' greatest priorities
- A new perspective on how Trust works and how you can help nurture it
- A system for creating Goal Clarity to permanently address one of the invisible points-of-failure in client engagement
- Our GISOR™ Model for ensuring clients commit to their goals before you solve them
- A method to articulate Goal Achievement, how you’ll help your client achieve their goals and have the compelling future they want
- A web-based application to capture what you gather in your expanded Discovery, prepare compelling reports for your clients, and help your team keep cases on track
ECHO Online Learning Program
When families make decisions based on your recommendations, the results will echo long into the future. Their decisions become part of your legacy and theirs. Someone will serve your client for generations; we think it should be you. But one of the greatest risks to the advice-giving business model is a lack of generational reach.
- A powerful new way to capture your clients’ ideal future for themselves, their wealth, and their family
- The ability to discover and document shared family values, across generations
- The method to create a meaningful family financial philosophy (mission statement)
- The ability to actually engage the next generation and create relationships that will stick
- The ability to capture the family story (the story that holds them all together) through a turnkey biographical interview process
- The process for confidently hosting family meetings, including agenda’s and exercises
- The knowledge of Why, When and How to introduce a family wealth counselor
- The ability to create one-of-a-kind client documents using our web-based application
LINK will put the power of our 5 Best Practices of Collaboration in your hands, at your fingertips, so that you stay in the driver’s seat, lead, and win the day for your client.
The Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors
The Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors® (CPDR), now in its 5th edition was created by Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd., in collaboration with estate planning attorneys and wealth advisors. The Desk Reference is a practical resource designed to help legal and financial professionals more effectively engage their clients in conversations about their philanthropic intent, options and opportunities. The 5th Edition includes new chapters and an expanded resource section. It is the first such comprehensive tool developed specifically for the advisor community to support their integration of philanthropy as a value added and revenue opportunity in their practice.
Some of the topics in The Desk Reference cover:
- Initiating the charitable conversation;
- Using non-cash assets to fund charitable giving;
- Benefits of Charitable Remainder and Charitable Lead Trusts
- Engaging the next generation;
- Fundamentals of International Giving
- A comparative chart illustrating the benefits and limitations of vehicle choice and a resource guide for advisors, and;
NAEPC members are eligible for a 10% discount on the digital version of the Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors® by entering discount code NAEPC10 at checkout.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. was formed by nationally renowned estate planning attorney, Philip J. Kavesh, back in 2004.
What initially started as a training for fellow estate planning attorneys and financial advisors has since expanded into a company that provides estate planning professionals of all kinds - - attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors and life insurance agents - - practical, tested and proven technical, practice-building and marketing products. Its products and services are practical and can be quickly and easily implemented into estate planning practices of all levels of experience and expertise.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. offers a variety of resources to estate planning professionals, including but not limited to:
- Practical Educational Teleconferences and On-Demand Programs from Some of the Nation’s Leading Experts
- Unique & Breakthrough Legal Document Forms
- Tested & Proven Seminar Marketing Packages
- Practice-Building Packages to Help Your Firm Run Efficiently
- Books, CDs, DVDs and Calculators
- FREE! Publications, Podcasts, Charts & Reports
- Information on Upcoming Events in the Industry
- Personal Coaching & Consulting
- In-Depth Practice Development Training for Estate Planning Attorneys
- And much, much more!
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. has extended NAEPC members a special 15% discount on its products and services, which can be obtained by logging in to this website.
For more information, log into the Members Only section.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting – CCH Publications
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting offers innovative, integrated and customer-focused solutions that support the workflow of CPAs, corporate tax and accounting departments, and auditors — enabling growth, enhancing productivity and increasing profitability. Expert analysis, authoritative content, high-quality software applications and integrated workflow productivity tools allow professionals to turn information into action.
Through an Association Alliance Program, Wolters Kluwer offers a generous 35% discount on valuable and industry leading research publications. This relationship gives you the necessary tools to expand your professional development, enhance your knowledge and increase your expertise on tax, accounting, financial and estate planning, audit topics and more.
With leading titles in taxation, accounting, estate planning and more, the 100+ CCH Publications offer expert information to help NAEPC members stay on top of industry and market-leading developments. Publications are available in both print and eBook formats.